How to become accredited
Get started now with the following 5 steps!
- Select one of our accreditation programs based on the needs of your facility.
- Complete the application that corresponds with your program. The application is located on the same page as the program you selected, along with other required documentation. The application requires submitting essential information about your organization, including ownership, management and types of patient services provided. Based on your information, we determine the number of days required for a survey, the composition of the survey team and the services to be reviewed.
- Submit your application with the required documentation and fees. Fee schedules are located within the application. The cost of accreditation is based on the onsite survey fee PLUS the first year annual fee of the accreditation cycle. Annual fees for all accreditation programs are determined by program specific information submitted in the application.
- Work with your dedicated accreditation specialist to prepare for an onsite survey. You will receive an individualized description of the specific events that will lead you up to the onsite survey. You will also receive an outline of the survey to help you understand the process, whom to have available, and the information that must be ready for the onsite visit. Learn more about our surveyors.
- Participate in the onsite survey. Facilities receive a formal survey report shortly after the conclusion of the survey to identify areas for improvement. Any areas of improvement must be addressed by a written Plan of Correction. A facility with a Plan of Correction will have a set time frame to submit evidence showing that it is now in full compliance with those standards. We communicate the final decision of all surveys to any appropriate state or federal agencies to facilitate official recognition.
When you become accredited
Publicize your achievement of AAAASF accreditation by notifying patients, the public, the local media, third-party payers and referral sources. We will provide you with a sample press release, as well as AAAASF accredited artwork to feature in your marketing materials, website and social media channels.
Maintain 100% compliance on an ongoing basis. Remember accreditation is a continuous process that requires adherence to rigorous standards at all times between onsite surveys.