Choosing the accrediting organization with the highest standards
AAAASF is unique among outpatient accrediting organizations
- We hold outpatient and office-based facilities to hospital standards.
- We require surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure that is performed in a surgical facility. For Outpatient Physical Therapy facilities, (OPT), we require a State Professional License for each therapist and therapist assistant. For Rural Health Clinics, we require a State Medical License for each mid-level provider and clinician.
- We require the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia in surgery facilities.
- We require safe surgical environment, equipment, drugs, etc. through specific standards in surgery facilities.
- We require peer review and track medical case data within HIPAA privacy regulations.
- We provide helpful accreditation specialists to guide you through the accreditation process.
- We champion patient safety worldwide, and have for nearly 40 years.
AAAASF will help you become accredited. An accreditation specialist guides you and serves as a coach so you are not left alone during the accreditation process. As an additional convenience, our valuable information packet helps you learn more about our accreditation process at your own pace. It features the Top 5 Keys to Successful Accreditation; Frequently Asked Questions; testimonials from satisfied customers and contact information for our accreditation leaders.
We offer many accreditation programs because there are many types of outpatient facilities that seek to promote patient safety. The standards of each program are tailored to meet the individual patient safety needs of each type of facility.
To help identify the best program for your facility, please review each of our programs and contact us for assistance. A personal accreditation specialist will help you find the best fit. Once your program is identified, the application process begins when you download the application materials from the web page for that individual program.
AAAASF accreditation has many benefits and will help you:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to patient safety
- Give patients a level of assurance that you have taken steps to provide a safe environment
- Standardize quality measurement
- Maintain fiscal responsibility
- Promote services to patients
- Collaborate with other health care leaders