Policy for Surveyor Qualification
To ensure that a surveyor is adequately qualified to perform AAAASF facility surveys, the surveyor must meet the following criteria:
- Be a qualified physician, physician assistant or registered nurse able to provide documentation of current license.
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae that documents experience to qualify as a certified surveyor.
- Sign and adhere to the initial AAAASF Surveyor Agreement, including Surveyor Attestation, Conflict of Interest, Code of Conduct, Surveyor Guidelines and agreement to participate in annual surveyor appraisal and review process conducted by AAAASF Quality Assurance Program and submit the same to AAAASF office.
- Attend an AAAASF surveyor in service training course complete and pass the Surveyor training examination administered at the conclusion of each training course, a certificate of completion will be kept on file in the AAAASF office.
Policy for Life Safety Code Surveyor Qualification
To ensure that a surveyor is adequately qualified to perform AAAASF life safety code surveys, the surveyor must meet the following criteria:
- Have at minimum, a NFPA Certified Fire Inspector 1 issued by NFPA, achieved through a course based on NFPA codes and standards or, be a registered Professional Engineer able to provide documentation of current registration or, be a licensed architect able to provide documentation of current registration or be a Certified Fire Protection Specialist.
- Experience with hospital or surgery buildings.
- Have a minimum of four years education in Fire Protection.
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae or resume that documents experience to qualify as a certified surveyor.
- Sign and adhere to the practices as outlined in the current contract with AAAASF.
- Complete the online LSC surveyor course as provided by AAAASF, complete and pass the examination process, a certificate of completion will be maintained on file at the AAAASF office.
- Complete and pass all additional continuing education modules as assigned.
Documentation of initial certification as well as additional continuing education modules will be maintained in each surveyor file. Evidence of certification will identify the educational course or module and date of course or certification.