Help support our mission to promote patient safety around the world
Become a Donor
Donations to the AAAASF Educational Foundation support important educational programs and research for medical facilities, health care providers and patients.
Please make a donation today by sending your completed Donation Form and check payable to:
AAAASF Educational Foundation
P.O. Box 9500
Gurnee, IL 60031
You may also call the AAAASF office at 888-545-5222 with your credit card ready. The benefits of supporting the AAAASF educational programs are measured exponentially in relation to the level of satisfaction you gain knowing your gift positively impacts the lives of so many.
Donors that consent are publicly recognized for their contribution to patient safety in our monthly newsletter and in the Patient Safety Recognition section of our website.
Patient safety is the sole mission of the organization. Our voluntary board of directors is comprised of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and nurse anesthetists, as well as public members who represent medical specialties, health care providers and the public at large.
Become a Surveyor
AAAASF medical facilities surveyors are peers to the professionals for whom they survey. They are trained medical professionals dedicated to the peer-based accreditation process that gives our program national and international recognition as the gold standard in accreditation. They maintain certification and provide information critical to performing high quality surveys, through periodic AAAASF training sessions.
AAAASF medical facilities surveyors conduct thorough, consistent surveys by evaluating each facility as a whole through observation, staff and patient interviews and assessment of compliance with each standard. AAAASF surveyors must:
- Participate in a survey team whose size and composition is appropriate for the facility
- Conduct a thorough and unbiased facility survey as instructed in the documents contained in the surveyor handbook
- Complete the survey in accordance with the AAAASF survey schedule and checklist
- Follow appropriate time guidelines
- Complete all forms and documentation required as provided in the surveyor handbook
- Return all forms and documentation to the AAAASF central office in the time designated
- Complete a Statement of Deficiency form for each deficiency
- Review the facility plan of correction and the supporting documentation to verify all deficiencies were corrected
Quality improvement methods and periodic assessment is key to maintaining the integrity of our accreditation programs. Medical facilities surveyors are an integral part of the AAAASF accreditation process. AAAASF consistently evaluates its surveyors through an ongoing quality assurance process that incorporates facility feedback, objective performance metrics and random validation surveys. Surveyors must remain in good standing with AAAASF to continue performing medical facilities surveys.
Contact us about becoming surveyor!